Daniel in the Lion's Den - Daniel chapter 6.
1. Daniel was an important helper to the king. Why do you think the other helpers didn't like it?
2. Why do you think Daniel prayed 3 times a day?
3. Daniel chose to obey God and continue praying, even though he knew he would be punished for breaking the King's law. Do you think this was an easy or a hard choice? What would you have done? Why do you think Daniel chose to break the law?
4. How do you think the King felt when he realised that he needed to punish Daniel? Why?
5. Use some adjectives to describe how Daniel might have felt inside the lion's den?
6. Do you think the story would have had a different outcome if another animal was in the den? Why why not?
- Daniel in the lion's den colouring pages
- Retell the story using the pictures provided. Write a short sentence for each part.
Think... If you were king or queen for a day, what new laws would you make?
Queen McVittie would make sure there was always a pot of hot coffee ready, and would ban whistling across the land!
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: