This week's story is not really about an animal... more like the absence of one!
Long ago, in Bible times, people gave offerings to God to show they loved Him, to thank Him for something, or to say to God “I’m sorry; please forgive me.” These offerings were called a sacrifice. In this Bible story, Abraham and his son Isaac offered a sheep as a very special sacrifice to God...
Abraham, Issac and the Sacrifice.
1. Abraham and his wife Sarah had wanted a baby for years and years and years. Finally they had Isaac! He was so precious to them. Can you make a list of 5 things that you consider to be precious to you - in the same way Isaac was to his parents.
2. What do you think the word sacrifice means?
3. Are you surprised that Abraham obeyed God - even when God was asking him to do a really hard thing that would make him sad? Why/why not?
4. God stepped in and provided a sheep, because He could see that Abraham really trusted God and was willing to obey Him. How could you show obedience to somebody at home this week?
5. Can you think of a situation where you have needed to sacrifice something?
Can you use lego or toys to act out and retell the story?
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: