This is a 'parable' - a story that Jesus told to help explain something about God.
1. Why did the younger son want to leave home?
2. How do you think the father felt when the younger son asked for half the money? What about the older son?
3. Do you think he used the money wisely? Why / why not?
4. If you were the younger son, what would you have done when you had run out of money?
5. Were you surprised that the father was so happy to see his son? Why / why not?
6. The younger son said sorry for the hurt he had caused. Why is saying sorry important?
7. The older son was angry with his father for forgiving the younger son. Do you think he was right to be?
8.. In this story, who do you think each character represents? What do you think this story can tell us about God?
- cut out the sequencing cards, mix them up and rearrange them in the right order
- use the pictures and text boxes to retell the story
- do some colouring to remind you about the story
- Look up some other parables that Jesus told!
- Have you ever needed to say sorry? Why not make a sorry card to give to someone?
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: